Final Analysis Outline II
Working Title: The Quilt as a tool of Expression, Protest, and Awareness.
I. Thesis Statement: The Quilt served its purpose by allowing people to use different rhetorical strategies as a form of protest, expression, and awareness about HIV/AIDS.
II. Introduction: As I entered into deep research on both Eddie Colon’s and Robert Chesley panels, I noticed how different rhetorical strategies are used to deliver similar messages.Messages which would go back to the essence of the HIV/Aids Quilt. I realized that as you research these panels, they all have different strategies in order to serve the quilt’s purpose to create awareness through the memory of the lost ones. These panels deliver the objective by giving life to peoples legacy and famous activist along the historical journey of HIV/AIDS. As you devote your time to study and research the panels of the quilts the researcher encounters itself with an immense amount of metadata that would, later on, develop a topic of investigation. Among this metadata, I found that all panels in such way deliver the primary objective of this amazing and extraordinary project.
A. Eddie Colon’s Panel:
1. Rhetorical Strategies utilized to convey Eddie’s memory while achieving the quilt’s objective (refer back to the thesis)
2. Paradise Garage, its importance for the aids community and how it history reflects the situation about HIV/Aids in the 1980s.
B. Robert Chesley’s Panel:
1. Rhetorical Strategies utilized in Robert Chesley’s panel; colors, pictures and plays front covers..
2. Robert Chesley,s works, books and contributions for the aids community, and how these are given life with his panel.
3. The impact of Robert’s work on HIV/Aids culture and its importance.
III. Conclusion: The Aids Quilt without a doubt is the most important project for the Aids community for a variety of reasons. This major piece of art served not only as a memorial but as a space to be heard, helped, aware, express and demonstrate the reality of what was happening with this problem. Through the panel of the quilt, their art and work, it can be sensed how difficult and passionate were family members in creating these pieces. It is shown how after being marginalized and given a space to raise their voices completely chances their life and the ones of those being remembered.
A. Restatement of thesis.
B. Compound summary of analysis and major points.